Wednesday, October 29, 2008
This is one of my designs to replace Hubble Space Telescope.
Schwartz from Sun Microsystems made $11,000,000 in bonuses for 2008.
Let's see what would happen if I took that $11,000,000 and applied it to a Space Program.
1) It would cost $2,000,000 to buy a launch vehicle from Orbital Sciences.
2) It would cost $2,000,000 to build a multi-telescope to replace Hubble. Hubble is scrap now. It cannot be fixed.
3) 1,000,000 plant and facilities
4) 6,000,000 could employ 20 people
5) Some money would be left over for whatever.
Since Hubble is toast, every University would need to buy time from us to maintain their Astronomy programs.
This is what I can do with Schwarz's bonus check. Imagine what I can do with real money.