Thursday, September 18, 2008

Exact center of the Earth and it motion




Lets talks about how I see the exact center of the Earth and it motion.

Most excellent questions from Curt Youngs.
Does your theory explain why the plumb bob normally points to the center of the earth? (some times it is off a little bit, regardless of whose it is.) There seems to be a relation between gravity and inertia. Nobody has explained that very well, except in their own mind, well, maybe some that are not well known. Do you have some ideas about this?


Yes, I have thought on this. I think the plumb bob is pointing to where the center of the Earth was. I just ran out and got my plumb bob. I tied the bob in our moving car.

My wife drove us to McDonald's to get milkshakes(helps the tongue after a seizure). When the car was accelerating ~consistently it would point to where the center of the Earth was plus the car's acceleration as theta. The only severe changes occurred during gear shifts and bumps.

Does your theory explain why the plumb bob normally points to the center of the earth?
I think this effect is caused by the spin of the earth.

'some times it is off a little bit, regardless of whose it is.'
I think this relationship is the changing velocity of the Earth around the Sun. The longer the string the more accurate the measure. The change in theta is the velocity. The reason for the sometimes is the position in its orbit. Angular Velocity of the Earth is different at each clock point around the sun.

There even will be a slight error because of the Sun's velocity around the galaxy.

The Earth is spinning on its axis. The Earth is in Orbit around the Sun. The Sun is in orbit around the galaxy.

So. Lets change the plumb bob to a pulse laser. The laser is pointing to the center of the earth. There is this amazing vacuum tube that has been inserted to the center of the earth from my house. It won't crush, bend or melt. The tube is 1 meter in diameter. At the top of the tube the pulse laser is placed exactly in the center of the tube. There is a exact detector at the other end. The detector shows us the exact amount the laser is off the center of the earth.

When the laser pulses it travels 6,375 km and hits the detector. It does not hit the center of the detector. This error is caused by the motion of the earth around the sun. Where the earth was. It may take less than a sec to get to the center of the earth but the earth has moved around the sun in that time. The motion of the spin of the earth is removed by the vacuum tube.

This is another major issue I have with the n-body problem. Euler transformation kind of solves this issue but it doesn't. We always have an issue with where things were vs where they are now. Its a clock problem. Gravity, not well thought out.

I wrote this first on GSJ


Added 9/18/08
Ok. Lets forget about the laser. I just think it was a more stable example of the motion of the earth. The plumb bob is affected by gear changes, bumps and atmosphere. Just trying to remove a few variables.

Lets build a 1000m stand holding the plumb bob. The stand is held in a vacuum tube so the atmosphere is not relevant here. The spin of the Earth stabilized the bob to always point down. Let the bob hang there for several years. The bob would only show the error Curt is referring to.

If we were to do this experiment on Eros(an irregular shape strange spin) the bob would take time to stabilize. By adding the bob it would move the barycenter of Eros. The pattern drawn by the bob would be irregular but different than the original pattern when the bob was first added.

Its the spin of the earth that causes the stability.

The error is caused by the earth's position about the sun. The angular velocity of the earth changes for every position. This change is the error.

(Addendum:9/25/08) Curt Youngs - Mascons also affect the plumb bobs on Earth.

9 comments:

Curt said...

Anyway, the speed of rotation of the Earth does change slightly from time to time,(it maybe slowing down) (don't forget the Earth-Moon relationship either) and the orbital speed certainly does change. Now, there are arguments as to why. Look on a few geophysical sites for some opinions.

As to the orbital speed, if the orbit is elliptical it should be obvious that kinetic and potential energy trade off as the Earth travels the elliptic. On the other hand if Earth and Sun orbit the barycenter, The orbit would be circular around the barycenter. But it is Jupiter and the Sun that predominate the barycenter. Earth and the rest of the planets just have to fit in there somehow. Last I read the formulas were quite complicated.

I think AAron is right about the speeds. I have no idea about his theory. The Dark Matter idea is eliminated by studying plasma cosmology.

Spank me if I'm wrong.

I WANTED YOU TO NOTICE THE PART ABOUT THE BARYCENTERS. THIS IS OVERLOOKED, AND CAUSES SPEED VARIATIONS CONTINUOUSLY SECOND BY SECOND

Curt said...

Ah, here it is: find my comment on Eros. It's somewhere in your system

Unknown said...

I WANTED YOU TO NOTICE THE PART ABOUT THE BARYCENTERS. THIS IS OVERLOOKED, AND CAUSES SPEED VARIATIONS CONTINUOUSLY SECOND BY SECOND.

I am formulating the words to discuss this which is frusterating. What I see is the Sun whipping around the galaxy, bowplane like a submarine. the Barycenters are about these kinds of movements.

Thanks Curt

Curt said...

I see the waves coming off the "bow plane too. But I haven't made my point: Eros rotates around its barycenter. It may look like it is out of balance, but it is not.

The barycenter of the Sun-Jupiter system is more than a Sun diameter from the center of the Sun.

Consider a football: When thrown with spin around its long axis, it travels very stable through the air. Some times it is thrown with the rotation not quite along the long axis, then it appears to wobble. It is still rotating around its barycenter. If it is not given any spin, it doesn't have any gyroscopic forces to deal with. It can then tumble end over end. but still around the barycenter. Do you see my point?

Unknown said...

Yes, and if a bob were hung from the football/eros it would severly change the barycenter. Then there would be a new barycenter based on the change in density. But this is still the interaction between baryonic matter and dark matter.

a

Anonymous said...

Hello,nice post thanks for sharing?. I just joined and I am going to catch up by reading for a while. I hope I can join in soon.

Unknown said...

Hi, Thanks for reading my work. If you have any questions or comments please use the comment. I get notified of all comments.

Thanks again
Aaron

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

I should digg your post therefore more folks can look at it, really useful, I had a tough time finding the results searching on the web, thanks.

- Murk